Back-on-track Indiana will move to Stage 3 on Friday May 22. Therefore, we will be reopening the Club on Monday May 25 within the Stage 3 Guidelines for Gyms/Fitness Centers. Unless Stage 5 begins earlier than planned, we will maintain this schedule until at least July 6.
Here is our schedule (on-site and on-line) for the near term:
- Monday 7-8 pm – Conditioning session (all members are welcome!)
- Tuesday 7-8:30 – On-Line Competitive Epee
- Wednesdays 7-8:30 pm – HEMA: Rapier and Dagger -> NOTE TIME CHANGE
- Thursdays 7-8:30 – Intermediate Epee (thanks to Mike Lauer for substituting for Coach Bill)
- Saturday 12-3 – HEMA: Longsword, and Sword & Buckler
Coaches Bill, Daniel, and Drew are staying away for the near term. Big thanks to Natalie for running her classes on-site! We will attempt to live-stream the sessions for those that are not comfortable attending in person.
Here are the restrictions:
- Everyone entering the club will be screened for fever (utilizing an infrared thermometer), and will be required to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire. Anyone with a fever or recent contact with a COVID-19 patient will not be admitted. IF YOU ARE SICK, PLEASE STAY HOME!
- All coaches/volunteers will wear face coverings.
- Everyone entering the club will wear a face covering.
- We will limit the number of club members to 12, the number of parents/spectators to 3, and the number of coaches to 2 at a time. All must maintain 6 foot social distancing.
- There will be no actual fencing since the 6 foot distance cannot be maintained.
- All members must provide their own equipment – club uniforms and weapons will not be provided. (If you do not currently have a full uniform or weapons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a long-term loan.)
- HEMA members that do not have their own weapons may borrow a club weapon on a long term basis.
- All program activities will be limited to those that do not require participants to be within 6 feet of each other. This will include activities such as conditioning, footwork, bladework drills.
- There will be no private lessons.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. And stay healthy!