The number of Covid-19 cases in Indiana and the entire USA is rising dramatically.
We want to remain open if at all possible, but our first priority is the health and safety of everyone in our Fencing/HEMA Community. The only way we can only remain open is if people who have had exposures, suspected exposures, or positive tests self-quarantine per CDC recommendations. Also, everyone must fully follow our Covid-19 processes.
We fully support those members who currently feel uncomfortable coming to the club and look forward to when they can return.
The updated limitations and processes we have implemented to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19 are listed below.
- As before, face coverings are required at all times for everyone entering the club. As of today (11/16/2020) we are implementing the USAF face covering requirements: “Face coverings must be two-layer cloth masks or surgical face coverings. Single-layer gaiters, bandannas, masks with vents and inserts that clip into the fencing mask and do not fully contact the athlete’s face are not permitted” (https://www.usafencing.org/news_article/show/1130356). Anyone that is not wearing an appropriate face covering will be asked to immediately leave the premises. Any questions regarding the application of a lawful exemption, if any, to wearing a face covering will be determined on the facts and circumstances by the Board in consultation with State and County Health Departments. All such inquiries should be referred to the Board.
- Everyone entering the club should maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from others whenever possible.
- We will use all strips. This will provide approximately 7 feet between fencers on adjacent strips (center to center). If space permits, fencers should choose a strip one away from people already fencing.
- There will be no handshaking, etc.
- All members must bring their own equipment. If you are a new member without equipment, please arrange a long term loan of club equipment (mask, jacket, underarm protector, glove), and arrange to purchase your own equipment as soon as possible.
- Both front and back doors will be open during practice (weather permitting) with fans operating for ventilation.
- All commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected after each practice. This includes door handles, bathroom fixtures, entry table, and computer, etc. The entire facility will be cleaned at least weekly.
- All club equipment (used for classes) will be cleaned and disinfected after each use. All equipment used shall be returned to the bins, not the cabinets or racks.
- The number of members/students in the club at any time will be limited to 20 participants (fencers, HEMA, Yoga, etc.).
- The number of parents/spectators will be limited to 6 (but please do not enter the club unless necessary). The number of coaches/volunteers will be limited to 3.
- Everyone entering the club will be screened for fever (utilizing an infrared thermometer), and will be required to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire. Anyone with a fever or recent contact with a COVID-19 patient will not be admitted. A record of everyone entering the club will be maintained to support contact tracing if it becomes necessary. IF YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED, PLEASE STAY HOME!
- Club members should bring their own water from home in a personal container. Under no circumstances should members share water bottles. Bottled water is available for a minimal donation.
- Club members should appropriately launder all personal equipment after each use.
- Coaches may resume private lessons if they wish, maintaining 6 foot distancing whenever possible.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to use the provided hand sanitizer often, and to wash their hands regularly.
- The IFC shall operate in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements/recommendations.